Post on Life After Laundry contain affiliate links. These links are there for your convenience. They do not effect the cost for you, but provides a small commission, which helps keep the creative content coming!
I know everyone is familiar with the madness that comes at Christmas, with traveling and trying to make sure everyone family member and friend gets a visit. Well, last year was a little different. We still had that madness, but it wasn’t on Christmas day. For the first time we got to celebrate at our house! It was such a wonderful day. We spent time together, the little mister was actually able to enjoy playing with his presents and, of course, we ate a lot.
I knew when I started planning our first Christmas at home, I wanted to do a late morning brunch so nothing would be rushed. I tried to keep the menu special, while somehow trying to keep it simple. This Cheesy Hashbrown Casserole was one of the things that I made for our family. Everyone liked it, but I have to say it was my favorite. Then again, I do go pretty crazy over cheese and potatoes period.
- 1 package frozen cubed hashbrown potatoes (thawed)
- 1/4 cup of butter
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons of parsley
- 1 can of cream of chicken soup (or cream of chicken sub)
- 8 oz sour cream
- 2 cups shredded mild cheddar cheese
- Saute onions in butter until they have softened.
- Combine sauteed onions in a bowl with the remaining ingredients.
- Pour the mixture into a greased 9 in x 13 in pan.
- Bake at 325 degrees for one hour.
More Brunch inspiration coming tomorrow with my Breakfast Sausage Casserole.
Linking up to: *Sweet Sharing Mondays