Post on Life After Laundry contain affiliate links. These links are there for your convenience. They do not effect the cost for you, but provides a small commission, which helps keep the creative content coming!
This was the star of our Christmas Brunch last year. Not only is it delicious, but what makes it even better, is that everything is prepared the night before! So, that morning all I had to do was pop it into the oven.
When we lived in Kentucky my boss would made this wonderful casserole for work events. It was the first time I had found I liked a casserole like this, and I didn’t just like it, I loved it. (AKA I ate a lot, I was also pregnant at the time, so you can imagine.) I always looked forward to her making this and even asked for it on my birthday. So, eventually she gave me the recipe. I don’t know if it was because of the time in my life (being pregnant), but this will always be a special recipe in my collection.
- 1 lb breakfast sausage
- 6 slices of bread, cubed
- 2 cups grated mild cheddar cheese
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups of milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- Brown sausage, crumble and drain well.
- Spray or grease a 9 in x 13 in casserole pan.
- Evenly spread the bottom of the pan with the bread cubes.
- Top bread with sausage and cheese.
- Combine eggs, milk and seasoning.
- Pour the mixture over the other ingredient in your casserole pan.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes, or until the egg has set.
Be sure to stop back by for Our Christmas in July Link up tomorrow, and Friday I will have some brunch recipes from a few friends.