Post on Life After Laundry contain affiliate links. These links are there for your convenience. They do not effect the cost for you, but provides a small commission, which helps keep the creative content coming!
My last post 7 Things Every Silhouette Newbie Should Know covered what you should know, but what should you buy to go along with your new Silhouette? I know it was one of my first question, and I found the #1 thing you should invest in is the Silhouette Studio® Designer Edition.
Having the software absolutely changed my Silhouette experience, and what I can accomplish. Some of its wonderful features include:
- Ability to open, manipulate, and cut .svg files
- Rhinestone tools to convert designs into rhinestone templates and create your own rhinestone designs
- Sketch tools to convert designs into several styles of sketchable art
- Creative knife tools to allow you to clip designs using different patterns
- Enhanced eraser set to modify designs with more precision
- Built-in ruler and guide lines for precise alignment and drawing
I have used all of these features and LOVED them. I just recently played around with converting a design into sketched artwork for a handmade card. Of course, I used all of the other tools along the way like the enhanced eraser and the creative knife tool. I was very pleased with the results, and the creativeness I was able to express.
This software is the most powerful design software out there, and a must have for any Silhouette crafter. If you have been debating making the upgrade, now is your time. The Silhouette Studio® Designer Edition and Silhouette Connect™ is currently 35% off from March 11th – March 19th!!
What is the Silhouette Connect™? It’s a plugin that gives you the ability to send projects you’ve designed in Adobe Illustrator® or CorelDRAW® straight to your Silhouette without having to convert them to a compatible format.
I just got mine today, and can’t wait to try it out. I know I’m going to love having one less step to do when working designs!