Post on Life After Laundry contain affiliate links. These links are there for your convenience. They do not effect the cost for you, but provides a small commission, which helps keep the creative content coming!
- 1 chicken, quartered (4-5 lbs)
- 3 celery stalks
- 3 carrots
- 1/2 onion
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 1/2 cups uncooked egg noodles
- Chop up all your vegetables and place in the bottom on the slow cooker.
- Place your quartered chicken on top, followed by the seasonings.
- Add 3 cups of water to your slow cooker, being careful not to pour it on the chicken and wash your seasoning off.
- Cook on low for 6-7 hours. You want your chicken to be fall apart tender, but you want to pull the chicken out while it’s still in one piece. Other wise you will have a mess of chicken and bones to sort out.
- Carefully take the chicken out. Add your egg noodles to the broth. Turn your slow cooker on high and cook for about 30 minutes or until the noodles are tender. While the noodles are cooking, shred chicken.
- Mix meat back in with the broth and noodles.
- Enjoy your hearty homemade chicken noodle soup!