Post on Life After Laundry contain affiliate links. These links are there for your convenience. They do not effect the cost for you, but provides a small commission, which helps keep the creative content coming!
Sandwiches tend to get old right? That’s why you’re going to LOVE making this remix of a sandwich! It combines all of the adult tastes we love, mixed with the child flavors we’re used to. Remember those fried bologna sandwiches our grandparents used to make? Well this is a similar concept but OH so much better! 🙂 It’s spicy, sweet, and delicious! 🙂 ENJOY!
- 1 lb thinly sliced salami
- 2 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 jalapeño, sliced into thin rings
- 4 slices american cheese
- Put a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Working in batches so as not to crowd the pan, add the salami slices and cook until crisp (about 1 minute per side).
- As the slices are done, remove them from pan and place on a plate with a paper towel to drain.
- When all the salami done and out of the pan, add the bell and jalapeño peppers along with a good pinch of salt and cook until tender (about 2 minutes)
- Remove the peppers to another plate.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low; divide the salami into 4 equal piles placing all of the piles in the pan.
- Top each pile with one-fourth of the pepper mixture, covered by 1 slice of cheese.
- Add 2 tbsp water to the pan, cover with a lid and allow the cheese to melt for 30 seconds.
- Remove the lid and sprinkle each pile with one-fourth of the basil. Pile into the rolls and serve.
What a way to dress up a sandwich! I’m good with anything fried and salami sounds awesome. Thank you so much for sharing your creation with us Jess.
Christine at More Than Mommies
This looks delicious…but right now I’m craving a fried Bologna sandwich (or Jumbo as we Pittsburgh call it) and its almost Midnight! Darn!