Post on Life After Laundry contain affiliate links. These links are there for your convenience. They do not effect the cost for you, but provides a small commission, which helps keep the creative content coming!
Sandwiches tend to get old right? That’s why you’re going to LOVE making this remix of a sandwich! It combines all of the adult tastes we love, mixed with the child flavors we’re used to. Remember those fried bologna sandwiches our grandparents used to make? Well this is a similar concept but OH so much better! 🙂 It’s spicy, sweet, and delicious! 🙂 ENJOY!
- 1 lb thinly sliced salami
- 2 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 jalapeño, sliced into thin rings
- 4 slices american cheese
- Put a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Working in batches so as not to crowd the pan, add the salami slices and cook until crisp (about 1 minute per side).
- As the slices are done, remove them from pan and place on a plate with a paper towel to drain.
- When all the salami done and out of the pan, add the bell and jalapeño peppers along with a good pinch of salt and cook until tender (about 2 minutes)
- Remove the peppers to another plate.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low; divide the salami into 4 equal piles placing all of the piles in the pan.
- Top each pile with one-fourth of the pepper mixture, covered by 1 slice of cheese.
- Add 2 tbsp water to the pan, cover with a lid and allow the cheese to melt for 30 seconds.
- Remove the lid and sprinkle each pile with one-fourth of the basil. Pile into the rolls and serve.
What a way to dress up a sandwich! I’m good with anything fried and salami sounds awesome. Thank you so much for sharing your creation with us Jess.